No one day at OZY is the same. Create beautiful graphics to accompany articles and go on social channels like Facebook and Instagram. Build gorgeous presentations/decks and collaborate on brand ads for everything from OZY Fest to OZY’s TV shows. You’ll collaborate with the photo, video, editorial and marketing teams. You will also be integrated with our multidisciplinary intern team on a project. Be prepared to own the design and creative end of visualization and execution of digital designs meet with key teammates to help establish design direction and aesthetics for projects.
1+ years of journalism and graphic design experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
- A keen sense of the OZY brand and design style
- Intense curiosity about the world
- Interest in the future of digital journalism
- llustration skills a plus
- Journalism degree a plus but absolutely not necessary
- Ability to work out of either our New York office
- Be resourceful and expedient in testing new ideas and new platforms
- Work effectively with internal and external teammates
Must be Proficient in:
- Adobe Photoshop
Adobe After Effects
As one of the fastest-growing new media companies, OZY is a bold and colorful multi-platform/culture publication, crafted to inspire and engage the intellectually curious. Our mission is to uncover stories about people, places, trends, technology and ideas that are not yet being talked about elsewhere. OZY strives to be smart, provocative, global, ahead of the curve and utterly delicious. We not only catch you up on yesterday’s news, but also vault you ahead so you’re the first to know about tomorrow’s brightest stars, trends, and ideas. Three years in, and we reach more than 25M people a month – across web, events, and television.
To apply please email a brief cover note and CV, with the reference “Graphics Design/Data Visualization Intern” in the subject line to: Jobs@ozy.com. We look forward to hearing from you! If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
Technology & Design
NYC, New York