Do you love to experiment with new formats and storytelling tools? Even better. This person will help us grow our video presence across all relevant platforms while keeping it both smart and entertaining.
Create new recurring video formats to live on OZY, Facebook, Facebook Live,YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat and other platforms.
Conceive, shoot, write, edit and produce news and culture videos and series for various platforms.
Help identify and develop external video talent network (production, on camera, social, etc).
- At least 4-6 years of experience creating compelling video content.
- Proven ability to create quality, highly shareable web videos of all types.
- Excellent shooter and video editor.
- A love of experimentation and a quest to tell stories in new and different ways.
- Proven ability to create compelling, shareable web videos of all types.
- Experience with motion graphics or animations.
- Experience creating videos with writers.
- Ability to work solo and in small teams.
As one of the fastest-growing new media companies, OZY is a bold and colorful multi-platform/culture publication, crafted to inspire and engage the intellectually curious. Our mission is to uncover stories about people, places, trends, technology and ideas that are not yet being talked about elsewhere. OZY strives to be smart, provocative, global, ahead of the curve and utterly delicious. We not only catch you up on yesterday’s news, but also vault you ahead so you’re the first to know about tomorrow’s brightest stars, trends, and ideas. Three years in, and we reach more than 25M people a month – across web, events, and television.
To apply please email a brief cover note and CV, with the reference “DIRECTOR OF SOCIAL VIDEO” in the subject line to: Jobs@ozy.com. We look forward to hearing from you! If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
Mountain View, CA; NYC